Plaster and Render is applying mortar to the surface of walls, floors, ceilings and roofs. It protects the base, extends the service life, and makes the buildings more beautiful.
The main materials of plasters are cement, sand and lime gypsum. Additives like HPMC, MHEC, RDP ET3060 improve the workability and performance. They enhance its adhesion and cohesion, sag resistance, workability. PP fibers Fiberego™ MIF08 and MIF12 reduce the cracks on the surface.
Our MelaColl™ cellulose ether, Mikrant™ RDP and Fiberego™ provide the following features for plaster and render:
- Improve adhesion: MelaColl™ cellulose ether has good water retention, and helps the cement have full hydration. Mikrant™ RDP has great stickiness. They are both to enhance the adhesion of the cement.
- Good workability: MelaColl™ cellulose ether has excellent thickening and water retention. It can not only extend the open time, but also makes the materials smooth and easy to apply.
- Improve pumpability: Cellulose ether's good thickening and water retention, help the material flow well in the pipe. It reduces blocks during machine spraying.
- Improve abrasion resistance: Enough hydration reaction and good adhesion of Mikrant™ RDP make the material stronger.
- Reduce cracks: PP fibers dispersed in the material, disperse the pressure received and reduce cracks. Fiberego™ MIF12 can extend the service life of your plaster and render.
Recommended MelaColl Grades:
Summary of frequently asked questions
What is the difference between plaster and render?
Both of them contain cement, sand, and lime gypsum. But according to their functions, the compositions are a little different.
1. Render is the final layer on exterior walls. More cement contained makes it harder. Render has better abrasion resistance.
2. Plaster is the cost of interior walls. It has less cement to be lighter, smoother than the exterior.
What are the functions of plasters and renders?
Plastering & render have two functions:
Protect the wall from the erosion of wind and water.
Increase the resistance of moisture, weathering, and heat insulation.
Improve the durability and thermal performance.
Improve indoor sanitary conditions, beautify the environment, and improve living comfort