HEC (Hydroxyethyl Cellulose)
With good water retention, thickening, suspension properties, MelaColl™ HEC offers functional properties and enhance product performancein emulsion-based building materials.
|Packing||25KG each,custom packing available|
|Delivery||Around 7 days|
|Payment Terms||T/T or L/C at sight|
MelaColl™ Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) is a nonionic, water-soluble polymer. It consists of two components: cellulose and hydroxyethyl side chain.
The manufacturing process is as follows:
1. Purify the cellulose.
2. Mix it with sodium hydroxide to form swollen alkaline cellulose.
3. Then react it with ethylene oxide.
MelaColl™ HEC has many properties. Like water retention, thickening, suspension, anti-microbial, high salt tolerance, and ion/PH insensitivity. It is suitable for latex paint, oil drilling, adhesives, and personal care...
We rely on years of project experience, and record. Choose different HEC cellulose types according to different projects to solve problems for you.
Get instant Quote
Excellent anti-splash & Good suspension & Long open time
Excellent suspension & High viscosity & Long open time
|HE10000B||10000-20000||Detergent||Good suspension & Low viscosity|
|HE30000B||25000-35000||Latex paint||Good suspension & Excellent workability|
|HE35000B||30000-40000||Latex paint||Good suspension & Excellent workability|
|HE50000B||40000-50000||Detergent; Oil drilling||Good suspension & High viscosity & High temperature stability|
If you want to know more about application of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose for Paint, please read this article Effects of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC) in Latex Paints.
Melacoll™ HEC Highlights
- Cold-water solubility. HEC dissolves easily in cold water, reducing your waiting time.
- HEC increases viscosity and stability of liquids.
- Water retention. Extending the open time also helps cement hydration more fully.
- Improves workability and processing of cement.
- PH stability. HEC hydroxyethyl cellulose remains stable in the range of pH 3~11.
- Non-ionic. It is more stable in an aqueous solution.
- Thermal gelation. HEC turns into a gel when the temperature is too high, and when cools down, it turns into the liquid again.
- Air entraining. Helps increase mortar production and improve workability.
- Film formation. HEC is waterproof and oil-proof.
Mikem Chemical Solution: A Key to Quality
With extensive experience in chemical and construction coating and tile industry, we’ve established expertise and credibility to meet our customers’ requirements and exceed their expectations.
Our vision is simple —
To provide environmentally friendly HEC solution that optimizes our customers' experience
R&D Center in Dallas, UAS. They keep developing new formulas and improving existing products. Make sure our products are suitable for market changing.
Experienced technical team (over 10 years of working experience) in factories. They are familiar with the requirements of many countries and adjust the formula for each client.
Born of China Branch
The annual production capacity of MelaColl™ cellulose ether is 40000/MT. It ensures us to finish your order within 5 working days.
Main Roles of R&D Center
After-sale service. After our businessman receives your feedback, we will contact the relevant departments at once. Then hold an emergency meeting, and give you a solution within 2 working days at the latest.
Sales and Technician Teams
DCS (Distributed Control System). It controls all the processes by computers, to reduce the error that may be caused by manual. In China, no more than 5 counterparts have this system.
Our cyclone blending & mixing system helps to mix the powders very well. The working capacity is 10,000kg/batch, which greatly shortens the production time.
Main Applications & Advantages
HEC have good water retention, thickening, suspension properties. It have wide applications.
1. HEC hydroxyethyl cellulose has remarkable thickening effect, keep the paint stable.
2. Longer open time.
3. Prevent precipitation and stratification during coating storage.
4. HEC has strong resistance to biological enzymes. It can effectively resist the corrosion of biological enzymes produced by microorganisms.
5. Good workability. Melacoll HEC can improve the sagging phenomenon during construction.
1. Stable chemical properties. HEC's thickener and viscosity are not affected by the environment.
2. Improve the mud carrying capacity.
3. Melacoll HEC helps to stabilize the production capacity of the oil layer.
4. Improve fluid loss performance.
1. Reduce the water loss of the rock layer.
2. Slow down the hydration speed of the wall.
3. Strengthen the rock structure and prevent collapsing.
1. Low irritation, high mildness.
2. Broad pH stability, Keeps stability in pH 6-8.
3. Enhance conditioning.
4. Increase and stabilize foam, improve skin feel.
5. Effectively improve the fluidity of the system.
Summary of Frequently Asked Questions
We rely on years of project experience, and record. Choose common questions according to different customer to solve problems for you.
What is HEC?
The full name of HEC is Hydroxyethyl Cellulose. it is a kind of non-ionic soluble cellulose ether. it acts as a thickener and gelling agent, which is used in personal care products, building materials, adhesives, etc.,
How is hydroxyethyl cellulose soluble in water?
Hydroxyethyl cellulose can be dissolved in hot or cold water. Disperse in water and stir vigorously or use a stirrer until completely dissolved. Depending on the molecular weight, aqueous solutions will have different molecular weight grades. It is normal that the thickening effect will have a delay.
What is the chemical formula of HEC？
What’s the application of your HEC product?
Our HEC product can be used in construction, Cosmetic, Oil drilling and other industries.
Can your HEC product work on pharma grade？
So far, we only do daily chemical grade and construction grade cellulose products.
What’s the HS Code of your HEC product ?
Do you have Warehouse in USA ?
As an U.S based company, our headquarter is in USA, which is our R&D Team. But the production plants are in China. So far, we have not set up warehouse in America.
What are the models and applications of your HEC products?
HE20000B--Emulsion-based joint filler
HE30000B--Emulsion-based tile adhesive; Emulsion-based plaster
Is hydroxyethylcellulose good for skin?
Hydroxyethyl cellulose is derived from cellulose and has been proven to be a non-toxic product. Hydroxyethyl cellulose is used in cosmetics to exert the effect of thickener and improve the texture of cosmetics. Make sure to apply easily and evenly to the skin. And it does not cause a stimulus-response, to a certain extent will prevent the body from itching and reacting.
I can help you solve your problems and recommend suitable products to you.