Self-leveling Compounds are chemical mixtures used to smooth uneven concrete or wooden floors. They are composed of cement, sands, fillers, and modified by a range of additives such as cellulose ethers, plasticizers, defoamers, stabilizers, and redispersible powders. As a flowable, self-leveling and self-smoothing material, self leveling compounds can produce a flat, smooth, and hard surface that has excellent compressive strength.
Our MelaColl™ MP400 and Mikrant™ ET3060 are used in self leveling compounds to enhance their processing and final product performances. We also provide customized formulations to meet your specific industrial needs.
The addition of MelaColl™ and Mikrant™ can enhance the following properties in self-leveling compounds applications:
- Increase thickenss and adhesion: MelaColl™ and Mikrant™ have good thickening effect, It can enhance the consistency and bond strength of the self-leveling compounds Suitable addition rate of it makes it has better adhesion feature.
- Extend the Setting time: Less skin formation and high water retention through MelaColl™ cellulose ether and Mikrant™ RDP ensure better quality during longer working time on the field. Suitable addition rate of MelaColl ensure longer setting time.
- Improve workability and water retention: Better leveling and reduced stickiness of MelaColl™ cellulose ether and Mikrant™ RDP can be applied easily to self-leveling compounds, which easy to operate and construction, and can significantly improve the construction efficiency.
- Improve hydrophobicity: After add MelaColl™ and Mikrant™, the hydrophobicity of self-leveling compound has improved, waterproofing effect is significantly increased.
Recommended MelaColl Grades:
Summary of frequently asked questions
What’s the main ingredients of self-leveling compounds?
They are composed of cement, sands, fillers, and modified by a range of additives such as cellulose ethers, plasticizers, defoamers, stabilizers, and redispersible powders.
What performance of self-leveling compounds can be improved by MelaColl & Mikrant?
---Thickness and adhesion
---Extend the setting time
---Workability and water retention
What features does self-leveling compounds have?
As a flowable, self-leveling and self-smoothing material, self-leveling compounds can produce a flat, smooth, and hard surface that has excellent compressive strength.
What the advantages of self-leveling cement floor?
1. There is no gap, and the ground is flat, smooth and beautiful after construction.
2. The self-leveling cement floor has a certain elasticity. And it is relatively impact-resistant, wear-resistant, pressure-resistant and dirt-resistant.
3. Self-leveling cement floor is simple in construction, fast in speed, safe and environmental-friendly, good in moisture resistance, dustproof and waterproof, corrosion resistance, acid and alkali resistance.
4. The color of the self-leveling cement floor is rich and the decorative effect is good.
How to do the base surface pretreatment of self-leveling?
1. If it is a small crack, you can inject it with epoxy resin glue.
2. If there are many cracks in the base layer, just place a layer of anti-crack mesh cloth for reinforcement, and then cover it with repair mortar.
3. Finally, a layer of quartz sand can be cast to improve adhesion.
Don't underestimate the treatment of the base layer. If there are cracks on the surface of this layer, the surface layer will also crack after a long time.
How to remove self-leveling bubbles?
Self-leveling cement contains mixing powder and water, so there will be bubbles. There are three main steps to defoaming:
1. Let it sit for a while after stirring.
2. Wear spiked shoes during the construction process to break the air bubbles.
3. Use a defoaming roller. Generally, just roll the defoaming roller only twice, more rolling will leave roller marks.
4. If you have stainless steel needle defoaming rollers, the effect is better.
How the deal with border seams of self-leveling compound?
There are many ways to deal with it, such as metal seam strips, flat pressure strips, door stones, high and low buckles, etc.
Does the self-leveling need to maintain regularly?
In order to maintain the gloss of the floor and avoid cracks, we suggest that you wax and polish the cement floor every 3-9 months, and you can also wipe the floor with a neutral cleaning solution to protect the surface from being damaged.
You can put some carpet cushions to reduce wear and tear on the floor.